Saturday, July 23, 2011

Reading about Health and Fitness

So I am sitting on the plane reading about the bizillionth article about diet, health, exercise, etc, and I am thinking why do I always read these articles. I truly believe there is no quick fix and that fad diets don't work. I guess I read them, because it keeps my mind on task and sometimes I can find a good tip or two such as a new recipe or new exercise. I do also subscribe to some of the healthier ones such as CleanEating, Shape, and Fitness, but I really do read a lot of different magazine articles on diet and exercise. I think for me it helps keep me motivated by reading about diets and exercise.

It also helps to surround myself with people that are also trying to accomplish the same things. That is really my motivation for becoming a Beachbody coach. I know it has to be a way of life and stepping of the train for even a short period can set you back. I had lost the weight before and kept it off for 9 years. It was when I started back to college .....first the exercise started to slide, then the diet was a little more lax, and for the stress; wine replaced the running.

In January, I really started taking a look at my exercise routines and knew it was time to get it back. I loved Turbo Jam in the past, so Turbo Fire sounded like a fun plan. The music was so fun, and it made the time pass. I have tried a few other of the Beachbody programs to mix things up: P90X, Insanity Asylum, 10 min trainer, Chalene Extreme, and Slim in 6 Express series. I have also started to try to work in some running again and got a bike to ride with my 6 yr old son.

I know that exercise is only part of the equation, so I started tracking my diet on the free site: myfitnesspal.com

No comments:

Post a Comment