Friday, November 4, 2011

Day 96 ChaLEAN Extreme/Turbo Fire Hybrid (Replace your bad habits)

So I have entered the Lean phase of ChaLEAN Ex/Turbo Fire Hybrid. My biceps/triceps were a little sore from Lean Circuit 1, so I was thankful that yesterday was a Turbo Fire workout, and today Lean Circuit 2 focused on shoulders and back. Don't get me wrong, I appreciate the sore feeling. I know that sounds wierd, but it means that I pushed myself farther, challenging myself, and that the muscles will improve.

Towards the end of the workout Chalene said something to the extent of identifying your bad habits and replacing them with good.

One of the bad habits that got me out of shape while I was going to college was relaxing with a few glasses of wine. Then that would turn into some mindless munching. I have replaced that with a more regular schedule of exercise. Of course, I didn't give up that habit completely, but stress relief is back to being exercise again.

Another bad habit is my Coke Zero. I know water is better for me, and I really need to cut down on the pop. Although I should, I don't think I can completely cut this habit out. So everything in moderation is what I should shoot for.

I used to have the bad habit of smoking, but I kicked that 10 years ago. I am really happy about that and honestly don't miss it. At the time, I replaced that habit with running. During that period, I decided to train for a marathon to keep myself busy, to not gain weight from quitting smoking, and to see if I could do it.

My point is that there are always things you can do to improve yourself whether it be for your health, mind, body, etc. I am looking forward to reading Chalene's Push book that is coming out shortly.

Think about it........ Is there a bad habit that you have that you should work on replacing with a better one?

No comments:

Post a Comment