Saturday, November 19, 2011

My review of Body Gospel Live

So I got this dvd of Body Gospel live, I don't have the full Body Gospel program. I wanted to check it, so I got just the one disk.

I have been doing Chalene's hybrid program of Turbo Fire and ChaLEAN Extreme. I am about 111 days! I totally love the program, and am not bored with it. It is just every once awhile it is nice to mix it up.

So the first few minutes of the program (keep in mind I am used to the fast pace of Turbo Fire), I think this really isn't challenging enough for what I am used to. Then about 12 minutes in, I think, "Man, my calves are starting to burn a little. Ahhh, the marching is a little different than my body is used to. Hey, all this arm swinging may help tone up the arms some." It is definitely a low impact workout. I think the moves are repetitive enough for a beginner. They do have level two moves to make it a little challenging.

It was a little different than the TF that I am used to, but it was a nice change of pace to mix it up. The church choir music and the instructor are uplifting. The last few minutes with the Body Gospel line dance was kind of fun, and found myself laughing a little while doing it.

No comments:

Post a Comment