Saturday, September 10, 2011

Day 41

Well, I made here to Day 41 of the ChaLEAN Extreme/Turbo Fire Hybrid. It's amazing that many times before I get started that I don't really feel like exercising. Yet when I am done, I am always glad that I did!

Since it is good to keep changing your routine,I am trying to decide what program I want to try next. I am considering either Brazil Butt Lift or Slim in 6. Anyone tried either one?

If I was going to give myself a grade on well I am doing with the eating, I would say about an 85%. I do drink the Shakeology everyday, since it is extremely healthy I get high marks for that. I do extremely well at work with two healthy snacks and lunch. I even do well when they bring in the doughnuts and unhealthy treats. So where do I need to focus on?: Nighttime! I have been trying to make our dinners consist of more vegetables and lean protein rather than pasta or starchy carbs. I am even trying to cut back a little on wine and Michelob Ultras. I have been keeping a food and exercise journal on the free site: www.myfitnesspal.com

I really like using Beachbody's workout calendar where you can auto populate your workout schedule. I know ahead of time what my workout will be and have no excuses for the amount time I spend working out. I just know that this is the workout that I am supposed to do on that day! It also helps on the days when I think I really don't feel like working out, because I am somewhat competitive with myself and feel disappointed in me if I don't stick to my schedule or least try to.

It is kind of like when you run 5K's, 10K's, half, or marathons. There is something in running called a PR, which stands for Personal Record. Many runners always try to push themselves to beat their previous time to keep bettering that PR. When I stick to the schedule or push myself to lift the next heavier weight, or crank out that extra push up, I know I am only going to improve my fitness level.

Also when you auto populate your calendar, in a way I am mentally pushing myself to finish that workout schedule much like when I signed up for a Race. If you have ever ran a 5K or marathon, etc, you know you can't just show up on race day and start running. It always gave me an incentive to run knowing that I had a race I signed up for, and knowing I put my schedule in my workout calendar I know I need to PRESS PLAY!!

3 comments:

  1. I was the same way with Chalean Extreme..didn't always seem like alot until the end when my legs all the sudden were wobbly! ;)

    Anne Dovel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lisa, I totally struggle with the night time eating, when I am following a program I am strict but when I am pushing play randomly I tend to cheat with more carbs. I avoid the pasta's but the piece of toast is my nemesis. At least I am not alone, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a night time snacker, too. I love popcorn before bed. I have got to rein that in!

    ReplyDelete