Saturday, September 17, 2011

day 48

I missed my day 47 workout. I don''t know why I do it maybe it's my competitive nature, but I almost feel like I let myself down.

I was trimming my hedges and I seen this vine (luckily I had gloves),so I pulled it out. About a day or 2 later, I figure out by looking at my forearm that was poison ivy. I have always gotten a pretty bad reaction to poison ivy. Who would've thought I would find poison ivy in my front yard!! Only me would that happen to!

So Thursday, I had to go for my every few year MRI checkups for my MS. Imagine having to try to lay still for 2 hrs, when your arms are itchy from poison ivy. Thursday night I didn't sleep well so I decided to try to sleep in a little bit Friday morning. The plan was to do my workout before we had to bring Nathan to his PJ party for a parents night out. Well, when we get home from Nathan's school, he hands me a note about having a rough day at school. The long discussion with Nathan took up the planned workout time.

I keep reminding myself that I have added extra workouts on some days and even worked out on rest days. I plan to knock the day 47 and day 48 workout today. One was Turbo Fire 30 (cardio) and the other is Push Circuit 3 (weights).

3 comments:

  1. Lisa sometimes life gets in the way, it's how we deal with it that is key to success, keep pushing hard om the rest of the day and as Tony Horton would say, do your best, forget the rest.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My schedule gets in the way of my workouts all the time. Just like Anna, I do my best...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh..poison ivy .. sorry to hear that. My mom gets horrible breakouts just being around it.

    And I echo Anna and Kendall. Don't feel guilty. You were taking care of you. What I try and do when I miss a workout is drink more water and be a little more conscious about my food choices.

    Anne

    ReplyDelete