Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Keep Pushing Play

Well I am completing day 38 on my ChaLEAN Extreme/Turbo Fire Hybrid. I have completed about 154 WOWY workouts for the year. It is not an easy process to get yourself back on track after being derailed, but I have really committed myself to it this year. After being on track for so long (Fitness/Health wise), once you let yourself get derailed, it requires a lot of push and internal shove to get yourself back there. The last eight months, I have pushed myself to get back there. I am a slow loser, but I continue to press forward to try to regain where I was before I got DERAILED so to speak.

I have pushed myself to do things I didn't think I could do, so I know EVERYTHING is possible. I ran a marathon just a year after quitting smoking (2002). _Quit date 7/31/01. In between then and now, ran another full marathon and about half a dozen half's. I ran a half (2007), a year after being diagnosed with MS (Multiple Schlerosis). My point is that I continue to prove to myself that I can push myself to achieve things physically that I didn't think possible. The pursuit of completing my Bachelor's degree (2010) was a physical setback, but I know that if I keep at it I WILL get back to where I need to be!!

3 comments:

  1. I enjoyed reading about your hybrid. I just started TurboFire but was toying with the idea of adding some Chalean!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you, Lisa! Keep pushing on!

    Anne Dovel

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! You have logged some miles. Way to keep pushing forward. I wish you all the best on your journey back to where you want to be.

    ReplyDelete