Sunday, August 28, 2011

Day 28

On Day 28 of ChaLEAN Extreme/Turbo Fire Hybrid. Today, one of my favorite of the Turbo Fire workouts: FIRE 45. The music in all the Turbo Fire workouts is great, but this one is really fun. At a point in the video where you think you are getting tired with about 15 minutes to go, the song "Boom I Got Your Boyfriend" comes on and gets you going again.

So I have a small confession to make: I like reading magazine articles about nutrition, diets, and exercise. I have subscriptions to a few magazines: Shape, Fitness, Clean Eating, First, Women's Health, All You, etc. And I still may buy magazine in the checkout at the grocery store when I see something that interest me. My husband asks after I buy yet another Woman's World, "Why Do you Buy these things?"

This is a much better habit and cheaper than when I used to smoke. (Woo Hoo! 10 years ago). But to answer the question of Why do I buy these things?.......

First off, I will be the first to tell you there are NO quick fixes when it comes to weight loss. I don't believe in gimmicks and also don't try everything I see in the magazines. Some of the articles are based fads and quick fixes, but I am smart enough to decipher that. I guess I still enjoy reading about them from a knowledge of what's out there standpoint. It also kind of helps me to continue to be thinking about my diet. It also gives me ideas for recipes and different exercises.

No comments:

Post a Comment